Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August 14

A little more catch up...




On August 14th was my brothers annual pub crawl. This is the day that everyone - well, ok, not everyone, but a lot of our friends take off and head to the city. My brother and his coworkers go in ahead of time for "research" This was the 7th year (for info in case you want to join us next year here is his web site http://www.fapiii.com/pubcrawlpix.htm) and it was an international theme since it was an Olympic year. We had an Australian, Italian, Irish, American, Chinese and Mexican place. This was one of the better years - except it rained and it really shouldn't rain on pub crawl - but that is just my opinion!! So the Australian place was 8 Mile Creek - one of their signature cocktails was "The Flying Kangaroo" There is no Kangaroo in it of course which is why when we went in for "research", I agreed to eat Kangaroo skewers - there wasn't going to be kangaroo in it right - WRONG!! It tasted nasty so I asked the bar tender - very nice man by the way - what it was - he looked at me like I was nuts and said it was Kangaroo - So here is a picture of my Frankie and I at 8 Mile creek - not eating Kangaroo this time around, but thoroughly enjoying my Flying Kangaroo.


But I can't let this day go without mentioning the Wanted Man.


We also went to a place called Gatsby's. My cousin was talking to some guy so he was standing, I just moved in and took his seat. He of course was busting my chops, so I gave it back to him - this was our 3rd or 4th bar and since the drinking commences at my house before we even head to the train - you can imagine the shape I was in - I wanted to take a picture of the first man I have have ever annoyed the crap out of in 7 years - or at least the first one to admit it. LOL!! He wouldn't let us take his picture - I decided he was a wanted man - but I can't figure out by who with that shitty attitude. LOL

No comments: